Sometimes folks think that a listing agent or prominent realty name from a nearby metroplex will help their home sell faster. Some may think the “locals” are not savvy enough to do the job. Not necessarily so. Look local first.
What “Big City” Agents Don’t Know
They probably do not know YOUR housing market as well as they may know their city market. If you are in the Lake Whitney market, you can be pretty sure the city agents don’t get out here much.
- Has your agent been to your home? Have they toured White Bluff and/or the general Lake Whitney home areas? Do they stay on top of the progress being made at White Bluff?
- Has he or she ever listed, personally shown or sold a home at Lake Whitney — driven around or talked to people here?
- Do they understand why the Lake Whitney market is unique and quite different from other North Texas lakes?
- Will that agent personally bring potential buyers down here to see your home? Or will they try to get someone local to do the job they should be doing?
- Will there even be a lockbox on your door — or will it be a common metroplex type of system that agents must pay to use in order to show your home? (That has happened here and the home was never shown until Emily Morris called the metroplex agent to tell them why it was not being shown. Turned out that agent didn’t want to make the trip to Lake Whitney to put on a lockbox — she had Emily take care of it for her! Is that the kind of agent you want for your home?)
Lake Whitney Properties Need a Lake Whitney Expert
- We live on and own property on this lake. We have marketed local homes throughout the lean years and the very good years. We understand this market like no one else from outside the area really can.
- We are Lake Whitney experts — we know the rules and regulations that apply to lake area and White Bluff Resort properties. We know about the fishing here. We know the marinas, the restaurants, the lifestyle out here. And, most important, we know the people out here.
- LakeHomes.com is our broker — the largest nationwide broker for lake properties — the one most lake home shoppers go to when they start looking for a lake home. Lake Homes Realty at Lake Whitney is the local, onsite agent who helps clients benefit from the nationwide marketing (not just listing, but actual marketing) done by LakeHomes.com. With nationwide marketing taken care of, we manage the local and statewide marketing for our clients.
Call Us First. 254-694-1111
Go ahead and compare agents — local and metroplex. But be sure to ask the right questions and that you are getting honest answers. Don’t let your home languish on the market under a “big city agent’s” sign. Get your home listed, shown and sold by the Lake Whitney experts — Lake Homes Realty at Lake Whitney.