Lake Whitney is barely an hour south of the DFW metroplex. An easy weekend location for golf, boating, fishing and family fun. The Chisholm Trail Parkway gets you here in less than an hour.
Come out Saturday, March 7 to tour this spacious custom home on the New Course in White Bluff Resort. Open 11 am to 4 pm. Located on Lake Whitney, White Bluff offers two courses, marina, lighted tennis and pickleball courts, four pools, dining and bar. Great living on a very affordable lake.
Come along with us for a delightful flight through White Bluff Resort. This is Part 1 of a video journey through our beautiful gated golf and lake community. Get a glimpse of what you will see when you come out to visit us on Lake Whitney TX.
Land … lots of land. We have 3,500 uncrowded acres with about 700 homes. Full-time and part-time residents. Two golf courses. Marina with covered slips. Lighted tennis and pickleball courts. Four pools. Two interior catch-and-release lakes. Abundant wildlife. And we have some spectacular homes in a wide range of prices. Call me, Emily Morris, REALTOR® when you are ready to visit us. 254-694-1111. LakeHomesLakeWhitney.com. Now let’s take a tour of the front half of our resort.
A few new items to report on the progress being made to restore the amenities at White Bluff.
The Bluff Point Condos.
We recently received an update from the Board of Directors that these rental condos are now completely renovated (inside and out) and available for rental. $150/night for property owners and $200/night for non-property owners. Reservations can be made through the POA office – 254-694-WPBO. Here is a link to the letter we received and a list of improvements made to the units. They are beautiful, on the Old Course across from the Club House.
White Bluff also offers three Log Cabins for rental. These have also been refurbished and rent for $125/night for property owners and $150/night for those who do not own property here. Link here for details about the Bluff Point Condos and the Log Cabin accommodations.
Amenities Owned by White Bluff POA
Besides the golf courses, pools, RV parks and tennis courts , the Property Owners Association owns dozens of amenities throughout the Resort. Many are open and available for use; others require renovation before they can be available. (Remember, the POA only acquired the Resort from the developer last fall. Much was in disrepair and is being taken care of at this time.)
You can link to a page on the POA website that provides specifics as to what we own and whether it is open at this time.
Sometimes folks think that a listing agent or prominent realty name from a nearby metroplex will help their home sell faster. Some may think the “locals” are not savvy enough to do the job. Not necessarily so. Look local first.
What “Big City” Agents Don’t Know
They probably do not know YOUR housing market as well as they may know their city market. If you are in the Lake Whitney market, you can be pretty sure the city agents don’t get out here much.
- Has your agent been to your home? Have they toured White Bluff and/or the general Lake Whitney home areas? Do they stay on top of the progress being made at White Bluff?
- Has he or she ever listed, personally shown or sold a home at Lake Whitney — driven around or talked to people here?
- Do they understand why the Lake Whitney market is unique and quite different from other North Texas lakes?
- Will that agent personally bring potential buyers down here to see your home? Or will they try to get someone local to do the job they should be doing?
- Will there even be a lockbox on your door — or will it be a common metroplex type of system that agents must pay to use in order to show your home? (That has happened here and the home was never shown until Emily Morris called the metroplex agent to tell them why it was not being shown. Turned out that agent didn’t want to make the trip to Lake Whitney to put on a lockbox — she had Emily take care of it for her! Is that the kind of agent you want for your home?)
Lake Whitney Properties Need a Lake Whitney Expert
- We live on and own property on this lake. We have marketed local homes throughout the lean years and the very good years. We understand this market like no one else from outside the area really can.
- We are Lake Whitney experts — we know the rules and regulations that apply to lake area and White Bluff Resort properties. We know about the fishing here. We know the marinas, the restaurants, the lifestyle out here. And, most important, we know the people out here.
- LakeHomes.com is our broker — the largest nationwide broker for lake properties — the one most lake home shoppers go to when they start looking for a lake home. Lake Homes Realty at Lake Whitney is the local, onsite agent who helps clients benefit from the nationwide marketing (not just listing, but actual marketing) done by LakeHomes.com. With nationwide marketing taken care of, we manage the local and statewide marketing for our clients.
Call Us First. 254-694-1111
Go ahead and compare agents — local and metroplex. But be sure to ask the right questions and that you are getting honest answers. Don’t let your home languish on the market under a “big city agent’s” sign. Get your home listed, shown and sold by the Lake Whitney experts — Lake Homes Realty at Lake Whitney.
Of course, we, who live at Lake Whitney, have known this all along. But it is still a well-kept secret up in the DFW metroplex and down in Houston. Property and homes at Lake Whitney are much more affordable than other lakes around Texas.
It is the rural environment of this lake that makes it most appealing for weekend homes — and for those who can move away from the city and enjoy a quieter, peaceful way of life. Lake Whitney is uncrowded — not overrun with homes, boats and traffic.
Best Outdoor Recreation in Texas
According to TexasOutside.com, Lake Whitney is the 4th largest lake in Texes — 23,500 acres with 225 miles of shoreline. “Lake Whitney offers some of the best outdoor recreation in Texas with excellent lakefront camping and lodging, good fishing, nearby hunting and perfect conditions for boating. The clear water, scenic bluffs, protected coves and unusually smooth water (primarily due to light boat traffic) are perfect for boaters.”
Cleanest Lakes in Texas.
lists Lake Whitney among the cleanest lakes in Texas. “Lake Whitney is one of the lesser-known lakes in Texas, which is hard to believe considering how beautiful it is….this is the perfect sport for swimming, camping, fishing and other lake activities.” March 15, 2018
Come out to Lake Whitney this spring. Enjoy its particularly beautiful sunsets and see how affordable living here can be. Call Emily Morris, Realtor, for a tour. 254-694-1111. LakeHomesLakeWhitney.com
You can be as busy as you want at White Bluff — especially if you love the outdoors. Golf, fishing, hunting, bicycling, horseback riding and boating are right out your back door in White Bluff and around Lake Whitney.
Two PGA Pro designed courses offer you golf right out your door. The New Course is currently open — cart path only. Since acquiring White Bluff and its amenities from the developer in September 2018, our Property Owners Association (POA) is updating and rebuilding the greens. Temporary greens are being used at this time. The Old Course will also be undergoing a renovation to improve both the greens and the traps. Work is progressing as quickly as possible to get both courses in pristine shape.
Lake Whitney offers unending opportunities for fishing from shore, a personal boat or a guide’s charter. With its own Marina, White Bluff provides an easily accessible boat ramp and marina slips if desired. But there are several other marinas on the lake as well. Boat rentals and guides are available on the lake. Striper is the premier fishing catch on Lake Whitney, but other types of bass, crappie and catfish are waiting for your hook.
White Bluff Marina gives boaters a close-to-home boat ramp — at no cost to property owners. Slips are available for lease. Lake Whitney is a quiet, uncrowded lake with 225 miles of shoreline. Fishing boats, pontoons, wave runners and water-ski boats are all welcome. But because of the lake’s size and the limited population on the lake, there is plenty of room for all. White Bluff also offers onsite storage facilities for boats and RVs.
Deer, Turkey, Duck and Dove are popular hunting targets around Lake Whitney. Surrounded by Corps of Engineer land, the lake has plentiful hunting grounds. Private ranches around White Bluff may also provide hunting leases. Hunting seasons are available here. Bow and gun are both permitted during particular seasons.
Biking and Hiking
Both mountain biking and hiking are popular within White Bluff Resort and at the Lake Whitney State Park. The park has a number of trails and occasionally competitive biking opportunities. Each May, a Tour de Norway Bike Race begins in nearby Clifton. Within White Bluff, there are nearly 60 miles of roads on which to ride.
Whether you own your own horse or want to rent one for a ride, you have choices in White Bluff Resort and around Lake Whitney. Inside White Bluff, we have equestrian properties sized to accommodate both your home and your horses. You may often see residents riding their horses around the Resort. But if you want to board your horse or rent one for a trail ride, you can easily do so. Here are two recommendations.
Welcome to White Bluff Resort
Located about an hour south of the DFW Metroplex, White Bluff Resort is a well-kept secret in North Texas. It is privately owned by the property owners and is professionally managed by a well-qualified company that specializes in resort and golf course management.
It spans approximately 3,500 wooded acres, with generous frontage and a marina on Lake Whitney. Here are some of the features that draw folks to White Bluff.
- Lots vary from .25 acres to 5 or more, including equestrian lots.
- Prices are very reasonable for North Texas.
- Home sizes range from very modest to spectacular.
- There are still a few lots available overlooking Lake Whitney.
- Two golf courses designed by Bruce Leitzke. Both are undergoing significant upgrades including new greens.
- Two pro shops.
- Three lighted tennis and pickleball courts
- Five swimming pools.
- Full service marina with covered slips
- Two RV parks for property owners and their guests.
- Food and beverage amenities.
- Gated entry, staffed 24/7 with security personnel
- Community Room — Lone Star Room
- Condos and log cabins available for rental
- Two small interior lakes and creeks run through White Bluff
- Well-designed children’s playground
- Multi-denominational Chapel within the resort — White Bluff Chapel.
- Plenty of groups for golf, cards, games, gardening, exercise, tennis, pickleball, crafts, charitable endeavors, wood carving, Bible study and much more.
The resort management company reports to a knowledgeable resident board of directors. One of their goals is to run the resort efficiently so that residents can enjoy all the benefits White Bluff has to offer.
NOTE: White Bluff Resort was acquired from the developer in September 2018. Many improvements and updates are underway. The New Course has reopened with temporary greens, as the new, rebuilt greens are settling in for play. The Old Course will be receiving major upgrading as well. Other amenities are being updated and will open soon.