Lake Whitney is barely an hour south of the DFW metroplex. An easy weekend location for golf, boating, fishing and family fun. The Chisholm Trail Parkway gets you here in less than an hour.
Of course, we, who live at Lake Whitney, have known this all along. But it is still a well-kept secret up in the DFW metroplex and down in Houston. Property and homes at Lake Whitney are much more affordable than other lakes around Texas.
It is the rural environment of this lake that makes it most appealing for weekend homes — and for those who can move away from the city and enjoy a quieter, peaceful way of life. Lake Whitney is uncrowded — not overrun with homes, boats and traffic.
Best Outdoor Recreation in Texas
According to TexasOutside.com, Lake Whitney is the 4th largest lake in Texes — 23,500 acres with 225 miles of shoreline. “Lake Whitney offers some of the best outdoor recreation in Texas with excellent lakefront camping and lodging, good fishing, nearby hunting and perfect conditions for boating. The clear water, scenic bluffs, protected coves and unusually smooth water (primarily due to light boat traffic) are perfect for boaters.”
Cleanest Lakes in Texas.
lists Lake Whitney among the cleanest lakes in Texas. “Lake Whitney is one of the lesser-known lakes in Texas, which is hard to believe considering how beautiful it is….this is the perfect sport for swimming, camping, fishing and other lake activities.” March 15, 2018
Come out to Lake Whitney this spring. Enjoy its particularly beautiful sunsets and see how affordable living here can be. Call Emily Morris, Realtor, for a tour. 254-694-1111. LakeHomesLakeWhitney.com
Over the last couple of months, some new birds took up residence in the ponds at the entrance to White Bluff Resort. A pair of Egyptian Geese are sighted daily and they are unique in their appearance and presence.
According to birding sources, these birds originated in Egypt and were brought to this country for private collections. Apparently some escaped captivity and are thriving in the Houston area. We are lucky enough to now have a pair here at White Bluff.
Here are two links to learn more about these birds.
This is another step forward for White Bluff Resort. The POA Board has engaged Arcis Golf to manage the White Bluff golf courses, pro shops, restaurants/bars, lodging, marina and other amenities.
Arcis Golf is an industry leader in managing resort amenities and has incredible experience in establishing quality resort offerings, profitability of amenities and market expansion. Because of the unique nature of White Bluff, our POA Board believes an equally unique approach was needed to provide effective and proven management services.
Arcis is the second largest operator of golf courses across the country. It manages a number of Texas courses including eight in the DFW metroplex. Its Cowboy Golf Club earned “Best Overall Golf Club” in the metroplex by Avid Golfer Magazine. Details on the Arcis laurels can be found here.
In another positive move, the POA Board hired Associa, a leading provider of the financial aspects of operating a resort like White Bluff. This company is also an industry leader, with 40 years’ experience in managing community associations and property management. It can provide the growing technology solutions the resort needs.
With the recent transition of ownership of White Bluff to the property owners (from the developer), these two companies will provide the needed management services to continue the growth of the resort. Both will also help the resort generate profitability so that its amenities will generate a positive cash flow.
The POA Board issued a letter to White Bluff Property Owners on January 16, apprising them of these changes. You can find detailed information about the White Bluff POA and Board contact information at https://www.whitebluffpoa.com
With over 3,500 acres bordering Lake Whitney, White Bluff Resort is far from crowded. It is, in fact, filled with woodlands, ponds, streams and a couple of small interior lakes. The Resort itself — and its casual living environment — is a hidden gem in North Texas. But the Resort has a few hidden gems within its woodlands.
The Resort had been a ranch at one time and it is home to two cemeteries. Take a look at some of the hidden gems of days gone by.
According to Lake Homes Realty, the nation’s largest and only lake-focused real estate company, North Texas is a very desirable location for a lake home. But lakes located in and around the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex are among the most expensive, averaging $1 million or more. Add taxes on top of that!
North Texas is desirable because of its moderate climate and lack of excessive humidity. But it is also more congested the closer you are to the Metroplex. That’s why folks are looking outside the Metroplex for more relaxed living.
Lake Whitney — Less Than an Hour from Ft. Worth
Lake Whitney, with its 225 miles of natural shoreline, is a perfect location for work, play or retirement. Located between Ft. Worth and Waco, it offers a small town atmosphere and tranquility, yet has easy access to the city. Ranches, woodlands, small and large homes surround Lake Whitney. In addition, a beautifully designed gated golf/lakefront resort borders the lake, which includes golf course homes, lake view homes, and equestrian properties on 3,500 acres.
Lake Homes Market Report (Fall 2018) cites Lake Whitney as having some of the most affordable homes. A full 57% of the homes on or at Lake Whitney are listed at UNDER $250,000. Another 27% are listed between $250,000 and $500,000. Yes, Lake Whitney offers homes up into the low $1 million range as well. But you can live the very nice lake lifestyle in a beautiful home for a much lower price than any other North Texas lake.
Call me to learn more about our beautiful, affordable lake. 254-694-1111. You can also visit LakeHomesLakeWhitney.com
Welcome to White Bluff Resort
Located about an hour south of the DFW Metroplex, White Bluff Resort is a well-kept secret in North Texas. It is privately owned by the property owners and is professionally managed by a well-qualified company that specializes in resort and golf course management.
It spans approximately 3,500 wooded acres, with generous frontage and a marina on Lake Whitney. Here are some of the features that draw folks to White Bluff.
- Lots vary from .25 acres to 5 or more, including equestrian lots.
- Prices are very reasonable for North Texas.
- Home sizes range from very modest to spectacular.
- There are still a few lots available overlooking Lake Whitney.
- Two golf courses designed by Bruce Leitzke. Both are undergoing significant upgrades including new greens.
- Two pro shops.
- Three lighted tennis and pickleball courts
- Five swimming pools.
- Full service marina with covered slips
- Two RV parks for property owners and their guests.
- Food and beverage amenities.
- Gated entry, staffed 24/7 with security personnel
- Community Room — Lone Star Room
- Condos and log cabins available for rental
- Two small interior lakes and creeks run through White Bluff
- Well-designed children’s playground
- Multi-denominational Chapel within the resort — White Bluff Chapel.
- Plenty of groups for golf, cards, games, gardening, exercise, tennis, pickleball, crafts, charitable endeavors, wood carving, Bible study and much more.
The resort management company reports to a knowledgeable resident board of directors. One of their goals is to run the resort efficiently so that residents can enjoy all the benefits White Bluff has to offer.
NOTE: White Bluff Resort was acquired from the developer in September 2018. Many improvements and updates are underway. The New Course has reopened with temporary greens, as the new, rebuilt greens are settling in for play. The Old Course will be receiving major upgrading as well. Other amenities are being updated and will open soon.
Known by savvy fishermen and water sports enthusiasts, Lake Whitney is the place to relax and have fun. Great striper fishing. Uncrowded recreational waters for boaters. But here is what makes this Texas lake so special.
- Location. Lake Whitney is about an hour south of the DFW metroplex — even closer to Ft. Worth. It is the tip of Hill Country, offering rolling countryside, plenty of woodlands and wildlife.
- Blue Water Designation. “Lake Whitney is one of the prettiest lakes in Texas,” according to Texas Parks and Wildlife — and according to those who frequently fish, swim and boat on it. Its clear and uncrowded waters are bordered in many areas by rugged white limestone cliffs.
- A Man-made Lake Preserved by U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. The 23,000+ acre lake was created in 1951 by damming the Brazos River for flood control. Its pristine beauty stretches approximately 40 miles which include a great deal of public land and parks.
- Abundant Recreational Opportunities. Besides boating, waterskiing and jetskiing, Lake Whitney is home to prominent fishing tournaments for striped, white, largemouth and smallmouth bass. But there are also about 3,000 acres of winding woodland trails near the lake for horseback riding, hiking, hunting and wildlife photography. It is home to 300 varieties of migratory and non-migratory birds and 50 species of mammals.
- Peaceful Living at Lake Whitney. It is an uncrowded community that enjoys life at the lake. Many city folks have weekend homes on some of the small, quaint roads that border the lake. Others relish full time living there, including at White Bluff Resort, a gated community with expansive lakefront exposure. A heavily wooded 4,500 acre planned community, White Bluff offers a marina, four swimming pools, lighted tennis courts and easy access to Corps of Engineer land for hiking or horseback riding. Homes run a wide range of sizes and prices, including those overlooking the lake, equestrian properties and tucked-away wooded homesites. And like all of the Lake Whitney area, White Bluff residents also enjoy an uncrowded, peaceful life on the lake.
Come visit Lake Whitney. Let us show you why we — and all our neighbors — enjoy living here. Call us any time at 254-694-1111.
For a map of Lake Whitney, link here.
For Daily Lake Levels, link here.