According to Lake Homes Realty, the nation’s largest and only lake-focused real estate company, North Texas is a very desirable location for a lake home. But lakes located in and around the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex are among the most expensive, averaging $1 million or more. Add taxes on top of that!
North Texas is desirable because of its moderate climate and lack of excessive humidity. But it is also more congested the closer you are to the Metroplex. That’s why folks are looking outside the Metroplex for more relaxed living.
Lake Whitney — Less Than an Hour from Ft. Worth
Lake Whitney, with its 225 miles of natural shoreline, is a perfect location for work, play or retirement. Located between Ft. Worth and Waco, it offers a small town atmosphere and tranquility, yet has easy access to the city. Ranches, woodlands, small and large homes surround Lake Whitney. In addition, a beautifully designed gated golf/lakefront resort borders the lake, which includes golf course homes, lake view homes, and equestrian properties on 3,500 acres.
Lake Homes Market Report (Fall 2018) cites Lake Whitney as having some of the most affordable homes. A full 57% of the homes on or at Lake Whitney are listed at UNDER $250,000. Another 27% are listed between $250,000 and $500,000. Yes, Lake Whitney offers homes up into the low $1 million range as well. But you can live the very nice lake lifestyle in a beautiful home for a much lower price than any other North Texas lake.
Call me to learn more about our beautiful, affordable lake. 254-694-1111. You can also visit LakeHomesLakeWhitney.com
Come on out, the fishing is great at Lake Whitney
This is the Striper Capital of Texas.
Striped Bass, Black Bass, White Bass, Crappie and Catfish abound. With a guide, you are sure to catch your limit — and our fish are really good eating!
Lake Whitney Marina at Juniper Cove. Marina/Cabins/RV Campground. The lake’s only deep water marina. Boat rentals as well as covered and uncovered slips. RV Campground on site as well as very nice cabins to rent. Marina store. Fishing Guides available through this Marina. (This marina was hit by a tornado in 2017, but has been totally restored and is in full operation.) Call Jerry Anderson, proprietor, at 254-694-3129. https://www.facebook.com/LakeWhitneyMarina.
White Bluff Resort Marina. Private marina for White Bluff property owners. Located on Lake Whitney inside White Bluff.
HarborMaster Marina. Boat rentals and boat launch.
Uncle Gus’ Marina. Full service marina on the west side of Lake Whitney.
FISHING GUIDE SERVICES
Pat’s Lake Whitney Striper Fishing Guide Service.
Reel Deel Lake Whitney Striper Guide.
Big Bite Striper Fishing Guide
Whitney’s Almost Everything Outdoors
Team Redneck Guide Service
Pro Striper Guide Service
Pat Small — Lake Whitney Striper Fishing
More Lake Whitney fishing information
Known by savvy fishermen and water sports enthusiasts, Lake Whitney is the place to relax and have fun. Great striper fishing. Uncrowded recreational waters for boaters. But here is what makes this Texas lake so special.
- Location. Lake Whitney is about an hour south of the DFW metroplex — even closer to Ft. Worth. It is the tip of Hill Country, offering rolling countryside, plenty of woodlands and wildlife.
- Blue Water Designation. “Lake Whitney is one of the prettiest lakes in Texas,” according to Texas Parks and Wildlife — and according to those who frequently fish, swim and boat on it. Its clear and uncrowded waters are bordered in many areas by rugged white limestone cliffs.
- A Man-made Lake Preserved by U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. The 23,000+ acre lake was created in 1951 by damming the Brazos River for flood control. Its pristine beauty stretches approximately 40 miles which include a great deal of public land and parks.
- Abundant Recreational Opportunities. Besides boating, waterskiing and jetskiing, Lake Whitney is home to prominent fishing tournaments for striped, white, largemouth and smallmouth bass. But there are also about 3,000 acres of winding woodland trails near the lake for horseback riding, hiking, hunting and wildlife photography. It is home to 300 varieties of migratory and non-migratory birds and 50 species of mammals.
- Peaceful Living at Lake Whitney. It is an uncrowded community that enjoys life at the lake. Many city folks have weekend homes on some of the small, quaint roads that border the lake. Others relish full time living there, including at White Bluff Resort, a gated community with expansive lakefront exposure. A heavily wooded 4,500 acre planned community, White Bluff offers a marina, four swimming pools, lighted tennis courts and easy access to Corps of Engineer land for hiking or horseback riding. Homes run a wide range of sizes and prices, including those overlooking the lake, equestrian properties and tucked-away wooded homesites. And like all of the Lake Whitney area, White Bluff residents also enjoy an uncrowded, peaceful life on the lake.
Come visit Lake Whitney. Let us show you why we — and all our neighbors — enjoy living here. Call us any time at 254-694-1111.
For a map of Lake Whitney, link here.
For Daily Lake Levels, link here.